As an integral part of the Human Resources department, the Compensation Analyst will administer, research and analyze the company’s compensation plans and programs. This role will assist in the creation of compensation strategies and methodologies that drive performance and results through performance based compensation practices.
You will work closely with the North America Compensation Manager and the HR Business Partner team in providing guidance to management and employees regarding compensation programs while ensuring top quality customer service. The Compensation Analyst will participate in or lead several key projects, including survey participation and annual processes, providing a broad spectrum of compensation support to the organization.
- Understand and interpret compensation policies and procedures
- Collaborate with HR, recruiting and management on salary determinations for new hires, promotions, transfers, changes, and other compensation actions by analyzing both internal and market pay and providing data-based recommendations
- Review, evaluate and analyze survey and internal data to determine appropriate level and salary grade for new and existing jobs
- Administer portions of the annual salary and long term incentive processes by gathering and documenting requirements and by participating in meetings with business groups and other stakeholders
- Coordinate the participation of global compensation and HR teams in market surveys; coordinate survey calendars, employee detail and accurate submission of survey materials.
- Audit jobs for content and assist in the preparation of job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties, essential functions and requirements
- Conduct job evaluations and work on Job Inventory to ensure accurate and complete job descriptions for all company positions
- Participate in efforts to revise and streamline existing compensation processes and/or to develop new compensation processes
- Responsible for the maintenance of compensation and compensation related data in the HRMS system, Applicant Tracking System, and any other internal systems of record, including job code, salary structures, employee data entry, reporting and validation
- Develop and provide standardized monthly, quarterly, and annual compensation reporting and analysis for senior management
- Maintain compensation communication and training templates; may be responsible for standardizing email and print communications
- May include administration of domestic and/or international programs
- Other special projects and duties as assigned
- 3+ years of Human Resources experience with a specialization in compensation
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or related discipline preferred
- CCP designation or coursework a plus
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with extensive Excel knowledge and experience
- Workday experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills, communications (verbal and written) skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to interact and consult with senior management
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.