Atlassian Systems Engineer
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that just can't be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to shape our perceptions and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics, Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
We'd like to add an Atlassian Systems Engineer to our team and we'd like to know if you think you fit the bill. You will if you:
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Are able to pick up new concepts quickly
- Can keep an open mind to new ideas
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Don't mind using those skills to share your best ideas
- Have an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Aren't afraid of ambiguity and can problem-solve with little direction
- Have a positive, can-do attitude, and
- Really want to learn new things
What you can expect to be doing:
Not only is an Atlassian Systems Engineer critical to keeping the Atlassian suite of applications and other key IT infrastructure in our organization running, they also play a key role in developing the tools our organization relies on for work flow, project management, and strategic planning.
Atlassian Systems Engineers install, update, tune, diagnose, and maintain Atlassian infrastructure; exercise judgment around addition of plugins; document processes, procedures, conventions around JIRA/Confluence/Alfresco usage; regularly analyze our Atlassian infrastructure and make capacity planning recommendations; and support other teams in workflow development and feature additions.
Beyond the system administrative aspect, they are creative in leveraging features and applying their experience to create tools, workflows, provisioning interfaces, processes, etc. to meet the needs of our software development and hosting company that plans significant growth. In particular, you will work with all departments to improve processes and workflows; develop knowledge bases; develop conventions and guidelines on Atlassian systems usage; hold regular training sessions on these systems; introduce new workflow and change approval processes; and contribute to provisioning systems development.
What we need to see from you:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, IT, or related field experience.
- Previous experience as a JIRA Administrator performing maintenance and supporting projects, user roles, security, profiles, workflows, and reporting.
- Experience also managing Confluence preferred.
- Experience with Big Picture and/or Portfolio preferred.
- Demonstrated soft skills required such as presentation of ideas and clearly articulate the concepts to senior management.
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels.
- Strong customer services and problem solving skills.
Ideally you will also be able to demonstrate:
- Maintenance, support, configuration, security and integrity of ticketing and tracking systems.
- Perform application and system administration tasks including data backups and scheduled jobs.
- Develop and promote standard operating procedures for Atlassian suite of systems.
- Enforce migration, versioning, change control procedures and standards.
- Install, test, manage and maintain a range of IT Systems and Applications used in the day-to-day running of the company.
- Train, guide, and assist end-users in use of JIRA/Confluence
- Configure systems and applications to suit the needs of the end users.
- Actively monitor the health of applications and systems and resolving issues as required.
- Work with departments heads to define the best usability and workflow when working with the IT Systems.
- Define configuration standards.
- Create and maintain end user documentation.
- Understands software and hardware requirements of varied departmental systems.
- Understands the workflow and process requirements of complex application systems.
- Demonstrated ability to be the subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining, and administering these IT Systems.
- Understands business function related to the application.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and takes initiative.
- Ability to learn new content areas and new skills quickly and well required.
- Experience in network/IT operations environments.
- Understanding of application technologies such as:
- LDAP/Active Directory
- Java based applications