Hello, we're Neighborhoods.com
Neighborhoods.com is an easy-to-use online real estate resource that helps people find the perfect home and ideal neighborhood. There are plenty of real estate websites that let people search for houses, but we are the only site that helps people find their ideal community. From urban cores to suburban subdivisions, neighborhoods.com covers it all.
Why Work with Us?
Neighborhoods.com prides itself on being an open, creative, and dynamic place to work. Everyone’s opinion is valued and we are building something amazing from the ground up. The office is full of people who work hard to meet their goals, enjoy each other’s company, and like to have fun. We received the 2017 When Work Works award for our culture.
An Insider's view of Neighborhoods.com
What are some social events your company does?
At Neighborhoods.com it seems like there's always some kind of social event or activity to look forward to. There's been wrestling events, outings, movie nights, rock climbing, as well as various civic activities. Just last night a large group went bowling. There's always something in the pipeline.
How does the company support your career growth?
We have an excellent biannual personal development process during which each of us has the opportunity to share our personal and professional goals with our direct supervisor, from whom we receive feedback. This process results in an action plan in which each of us is asked to articulate three goals with three action items attributed to each goal.
How do your team's ideas influence the company's direction?
We hire really smart people and we listen. Almost every product feature or way of doing things comes from an employee’s feedback or idea. And people aren’t afraid to speak up. Leadership is a key principle on our team, regardless of title.
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
A very large portion of my time has gone to talking with other teams --- the C-suite, VP of Marketing, Content Directors, pretty much anyone and everyone - to understand what their goals are and the challenges they face in meeting them. As I'm designing solutions to their problems, there's always a lot of back and forth until we're ready to deploy.
Where we are
We're in the West Loop neighborhood in Chicago. We are near many public transit options, including Ogilvie, Union Station, and the Green/Pink lines!
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Health Insurance Benefits
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Vacation & Time Off
Unlimited Vacation Policy
Paid Volunteer Time
Job Training & Conferences
- Management places a lot of trust in employees, allowing us to take ownership over what we create. And there's an emphasis on both productivity AND fun, making it easier to cultivate work-life balance.Sam ReidCommunications Manager
- At Neighborhoods.com, you can tell that company culture is as important to our founders as the bottom line.Zac RosenbauerFront-End Developer
- What attracted me most was the team's willingness to experiment on everything and the daily soccer matches on the big screen. We move fast, iterate often, and look forward to each day's improvements.Danny ZagorskiUX Designer
- The support & encouragement to do what I feel is right and in the best interest of the company is unlike anything I have experienced at other employers. The autonomy given to do my job is refreshing.Cameron MunroRegional Sales Manager
Jobs at Neighborhoods.com1 open job
Dev + Engineer
Technology we use
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics